- UPCOMING EVENTS
- VOLUNTEER WITH KICK AT DARKNESS
- Awareness event April 6, 2018 | Civic Space Park
- Survivor speakers share their stories
- Services display what is available in our community for survivors, their support networks, & allies
- Food trucks, photo booth, crafts, art, and community
- SURVIVORS express yourself
- Enter your artwork to have it displayed in the Creative Expressions section
- Next fundraiser for #TBTNphx is at Zoyo Frozen Yogurt on Feb 23
VOLUNTEER WITH KICK AT DARKNESS
To apply, please email our president, BilliJoy Carson, at email@example.com.
BOARD POSITIONS (minimum of one-year commitments)
- Attend all meetings of the members and the Board of Directors
- Record all the votes
- Record the minutes of the meetings
- See that notices are given and records and reports are properly kept and filed by the Corporation as required by law
- Custodian of the seal of the Corporation and of the Corporation’s non-financial and non-property books and records
- Perform all duties incident to the office of Secretary, and such other duties as from time to time may be assigned by the Board of Directors or the President
- Have or provide for the custody of the funds or other property of the Corporation
- Keep a separate book account of the same
- Collect and receive or provide for the collection and receipts of monies earned by or in any manner due to or received by the Corporation
- Deposit all funds in custody as Treasurer in such banks or other places of deposit as the Board of Directors from time to time may designate
- Render an account showing transactions as Treasurer and the financial condition of the Corporation
- Discharge such other duties as from time to time may be assigned by the Board of Directors or the President
We are in need of research teams for:
- Online content on the KAD site
- Litigation & representative research
- Grants & funding research
- Other research teams
SOCIAL MEDIA TEAMS
- Strategy: teams of people willing to help prepare and strategize social media campaigns
- Posting: volunteers to work with updating:
You can volunteer by donation as well.
URGENT LOCAL NEEDS
We have a local survivor who is need of a sleep study in order to receive a CPAP machine. She does not have insurance care, and the sleep study is $800. Sleep provides our bodies healing, especially when trying to overcome stress of being a survivor.
WHAT DO WE NEED? (either/or)
- Location to donate the sleep study (value of $800)
- Contact us with information on locations willing to donate
- Donations of the funds needed for the study
We have a local organization (seen above hosting TakeBackTheNightPhx.com) that helps survivors of trauma overcome the pain of their lives to become thriving survivors. This organization hosts annual events, including Take Back the Night Phoenix, to bring awareness to the needs of survivors and has tools and large items that must be stored to make this happen. KAD has teamed up with them on numerous occasions and believes in all they do.
The provision they had prior to take care of their storage is no longer provided for; it is a burdensome overhead now. Therefore, we are in search of a location that can help.