Kick at Darkness is teaming up with valley tattoo shops to help survivors of interpersonal violence heal!
Survivors can have a part by creating artwork they would like to be included as pieces the public can choose from to get a tattoo.
The upcoming event will allow the public to support survivors when getting a tattoo:
The funds raised will help bring community awareness and healing support to survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, sex trafficking, child abuse, and hate crimes.
How Can You Submit Your Artwork?
WHEN IS SUBMISSION OPEN & WHEN IS THE EVENT?
- Submissions open now until Nov 17, 2017
- The tattoo event will be on:
HOW DO YOU SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK IDEAS?
- Submit your artwork via email:
- File Formats: .pdf/.jpg/.gif/.png
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Submitting Artwork for Tattoo
- Include in the Email:
- Name of artwork
- Name of artist
- Whether you would like your first name to be associated with the piece
- If not noted, we will make it anonymous
WHO CAN SUBMIT ARTWORK?
- Any survivor of sexual assault, domestic violence, sex trafficking, hate crimes, or child abuse may submit artwork
- There is no financial reward for submitting artwork
- All selected artwork will be used for the fundraiser
- By submitting artwork, you are giving permission to Kick at Darkness and its partners to use it for the fundraiser
- Not all artwork is able to be transformed into a tattoo
WHAT WILL THE ART BE USED FOR?
- The top twenty-five will be transformed into tattoos
- On fundraising days, the public can choose your ideas for a tattoo to raise support
- For survivors to receive trauma-informed healing
- To raise support for the survivor awareness annual event in April TakeBackTheNightPhx.com